Welcome to the My Blog

               by 
 Juli Reeve-Wares

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The holiday decorations are back in their boxes which means we lived though another year.   Good-bye to 2008!  Seems like we were just worrying about Y2K ...  Where does the time go?  I enjoyed the holidays and I hope you did too.  I was able to see and visited with most of my children on my 'Santa Claus' trip to distribute gifts.  With my car loaded with gayly wrapped presents I took off on Christmas Eve after the Reeve family traditional Christmas Eve gathering.  At that gathering I visited with my brother Tom and his daughter, Jessica, and her darling twin boys.  My youngest son, Christopher, and his wife were also there.  Chris and Brittney live in Virginia and were home for the holidays.  So good to see them.  It was not the large group that use to gather on Christmas Eve to celebrate my parents wedding anniversary, but the tradition of gathering the Reeve family does continue...  I drove to Lake Havasu City that evening to put the finishing touches on the last of the Christmas presents and spend the night.  I got up Christmas morning and drove to Phoenix (actually Queen Creek) to have Christmas dinner with two of my daughters (Allison & Jennifer) and their families (it was so fun to see all the grandkids and eat too much yummy food).  I spent the night at Allison's and left the next morning for El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss) to visit with my son Scott and his family.  I spent a day with Scott, his wife, Kim, and their darling 2 year old daughter Emerson and my newest grandchild, 3 month old, Gunner Scott.  Then back to Phoenix to make my last 'Santa stop' and a visit with my middle daughter and her family (more grandkid fun as she has a 2 year old little boy and a 9 month old daughter).  Being a Grandma is such fun but by the end of my trip I was ready to go back to Havasu and my quite little condo to just relax and enjoy the view of the Lake.  While in Havasu I welcomed a very nice couple from Minnesota (Snow Birds) who will spend 2 or 3 months in my Havasu condo. They were so glad to be out of the snow and below zero temperatures.  
I'm back in Rancho now, after being gone for almost 3 weeks, to take care of those things that can only be put off so long.  Then I'll be going back to Havasu to enjoy the view and relax for a while.  Right now it's nice and sunny (and warm, 88+ yesterday) in California but the weather man says it won't last so when it gets overcast again I'll head back to Arizona to enjoy the clear blue skies and sunshine.   So that's what I've been up to...  Life is Good!   

No comments:

Post a Comment